Reading List for Personal Development



I hate TV.
I seldom watch TV because I catch up with all the news on Twitter. Maybe it's because I am a working mom, I have a lot on my plate on typical days but even on Holidays or free weekends I seldom watch TV for what it is. Perhaps because news is bland and boring or maybe because it adds no new value in my life- no new knowledge. I believe my time is better spent sleeping, playing with son or catching up with hubby ( or maybe sex)

I put a lot of effort into self development through the reading of books. I feel like books speak to me and help me sort out some life debacle.


I love that my bae has embraced this reading culture and is giving me a run for my money. This is one habit that elevates one so much ( brownie points for being aware and being good at conversations)

“Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” ―Brian Tracy
Here goes some of the books I would like to read this year. If you have these in ebook form please point me to them.
1. WHY SELL TACOS IN AFRICAPaul Oberschneider (current read)
My review- This book has nothing to do with Africa but a guideline of doing a new thing in the entrepreneurial journey. This is such a page turner. My bae is bragging about finishing this one already and plenty of lessons to learn.
A true gift to entrepreneurs who are looking for a proven roadmap to success. Both educational and entertaining written by one of the greatest entrepreneurs who has actually turned his fortune from few hundred dollars to millions. A must read for start up people and anyone considering an entrepreneurial path in life - not necessarily an easy one but rewarding at the end.
2. LEAN IN - Sheryl Sandberg
I recommend this book to every man, particularly men in managerial positions, and women who work in corporate fields. It helped me understand why there are few women leaders and why white men advance faster in corporations.
3. DEVELOPING THE LEADER WITHIN YOU - John C. Maxwell ( Current read)
My review: Oh my the moment I perused this book in my dad's backseat, i couldn't keep it down. A read on how to be a leader. an effective leader. If you have a vision and how to put a team together behind the vision
This is a great book. He explains the difference between someone who manages and a leader, and why people will want to follow a leader. Anyone who is an employee or a manager will benefit from this book.
4. HOW TO GET FROM WHERE YOU ARE TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE - Jack Canfield
This book will help you draw a road map to your personal success. It’s especially great for someone who wants to succeed in any sphere but has no idea where to begin.

5. THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON - George S. Clason
This book will help you create wealth. I highly recommend it to anyone who has limited financial literacy and anyone who wants to learn or be inspired to manage their finances.


6. WHAT GOT YOU HERE WON’T GET YOU THERE - Marshall Goldsmith
This is my current read. It’s for anyone who’s reached a plateau. You’re doing good, your life is good, your career/business are good but you want more and are ready for the next level, then this book is for you.

O yaa I would like to add more books to this list, kindly share recommendations for your favorite reads and books you look forward to reading.

Cheers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Question: Tell Me about Yourself?

What you need to know about your References

Why I quit my Job- You can't teach an Old dog New ways